Wolves in The Church – Women Beware!
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. 29 I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31 Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with tears. 32 And now I commend you to God and to the Word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
Finding a spouse! As you get into your 30’s and 40’s and are single this becomes a challenge and sometimes we can fall for the traps that are out there and available to us.
As I listened to Candace (not her real name) tell the story about how she had met a guy in church and how he was not who he portrayed and that he had used her I thought back to other stories I have heard that were similar. In fact I had been in that same position with a woman “in the Church.”
My wife actually has given me an example of what woman should look for and do when they meet a man who claims to be Christian and is in the Church.
1) Watch him closely. Watch how he intermingles with other people and is his walk one that you can identify with.
2) Is he openly willing to discuss spiritual things with others or does he shy away from those conversations? If he is a true Believer his faith should be evident in all areas of his life.
3) Send a letter to his closest friends on Facebook asking for more info on him (my now wife did this without me knowing) Take what they say under advisement.
4) Is he part of a group in the Church? Does he minister to others, does he speak words of encouragement, is he loving to others. All important.
5) Do not give him money. I dont care what the reason is. Unless you are married he needs to make his own way. Two of you together can be a financial powerhouse BUT until you are married do not in any way support him financially UNLESS it is something that benefits you both.
6) If you are convicted not to have sex before marriage (and I think you should be) Do not give in to any pressure he may place on you. Be obedient to God and IF he is not willing to be obedient to God in that area I would have concerns about other areas.
7) Is he willing to open up his life to you? Computer especially. Is he hiding things on his computer or do you have the passwords and he is willing to let you peruse? With statistics telling us that porn addiction is high in the church this is something to consider.
There are men and women who will get into your hearts by playing off of your faith in God, yes, even in the Church. Prepare yourself, dont give into loneliness and yes God does have that one that He has prepared just for you.
I am proof!
Please protect yourself.